# Setup & Create Bot
Later after you set up your bot and create a flow, check how to build flow to send your first message.
If you already made a flow before you connect to a channel, try publishing your flow as a template. Then use the "Create Flow" button to create a new flow base on that template. Check how to create template.
# Facebook Bot
Follow steps 1, 2 and 3 in the above screenshot and jump to facebook.com, select all the pages in your page list, that you want UChat to help with the automation.
If you connect your Facebook Account with more than one UChat user, remember to select all pages that require management regardless of users.
After connection, these are some of the operations in the screenshot above:
- Click "Reconnect" when you want to add/remove a page or refresh.
- Click "Create Flow" to create a new flow for the bot.
- Click "Open Flow" to enter the flow.
- Click the red x to remove the connection between the bot and your page.
- Flip the status to stop/start the automation.
- Click the link to talk to the bot. You can also share the link with other Facebook users.
Please note that
the red x is for disconnecting the flow with your page only. Your flow won't be removed. It will still stay in your workspace remain intact (in "All Bots").
# Instagram Bot
Firstly, you need an Instagram business account. To change from personal account to business account, follow steps 1, 2 and 3 in the following screenshot and choose "Business":
Then connect your Instagram business account with your Facebook page. A Facebook page is a must, if you don't have one, create a new page.
Go to the "Settings" of your Facebook page, then "Instagram", "Connect Account".
The next step is to turn on the "Allow access to messages" in your Instagram app, see steps 1 to 5 in the following screenshot: Menu - Settings - Privacy - Messages - Allow access to messages
Finally, in UChat, let's connect your Instagram with UChat. Go "Facebook" and "Reconnect" (Yes, Facebook, not Instagram):
Continue as yourself or click "Edit Settings" if you've previously linked UChat to your Facebook.
In the above screenshot, select ALL the Instagram Business Accounts that you wanted to use with UChat, not just for the current workspace. See an example below.
e.g. You have workspace A and B, Facebook page X and Y under the same Facebook account and wanted to build Instagram bot X and Y (X on A and Y on B). What you need to do are:
- on workspace A, select only Instagram X and Facebook page X.
- on workspace B, select both Instagram X, Y and Facebook page X, Y. (otherwise you lose the connection between A and X because of the deselection)
Similarly, in the above screenshot, select ALL the Facebook pages that you wanted to use with UChat, not just the page that connects to the Instagram account.
Give all permissions and after the connection, you are able to see your Instagram flow in both "Facebook" and "Instagram":
# Telegram Bot
On your phone, visit https://t.me/BotFather (opens new window) from a browser. Click "SEND MESSAGE" and you will jump to the Telegram application. Click "Start" at the bottom to talk to @BotFather.
Send "/newbot", then a username for your bot. You will get a token like this:
Copy the token and back to UChat.
In UChat, click "Add New Telegram Bot" and put your token in the pop-up window. Finally, click "Create Flow" and there you go!
Flip the status to stop/start the automation and click the red x to remove the connection (your flow will be still in "All Bots")
To talk to your bot, click the URL link above or you might want to share this link with others.
# Slack Bot
For now, UChat is able to send various types of messages to your Slack group or contacts mainly for notification purposes.
In Progress ...
We are working on building more functions for Slack bots. The documentation would be updated as soon as we have done that. Should you have any query, please feel free to contact us via the UChat support bot in the bottom right corner on uchat.com.au (opens new window).
# WeChat Bot
Follow steps 1, 2 and 3 in the above screenshot.
- If you already have a WeChat official account or wanted to register one, click "Sign up"
- If you don't have an official account yet, click "Sandbox Test account" to test the bot with your WeChat personal account
You can choose English on the WeChat website by clicking the globe icon on the upper right side. However, some pages do not support translation.
Login yourself with your WeChat account. On the top, you can see your "appID" and "appsecret" as below:
Copy them back to UChat. Follow the steps below:
- choose a type
- paste your App ID and secret
- name a token yourself
- click "Save"
- a webhook URL will show, copy it to the WeChat's website
Paste the webhook URL (in step 5) and the token (in step 3) here then click the green "Submit" button. Finally, scroll down a bit, you can see your testing QR code:
Now you can share your QR code with any WeChat user. By scanning and following your official/testing account, they are able to talk to your bot. Besides, their nickname and WeChatID will be listed here (100 users maximum).
# WhatsApp, SMS & Voice Bot
# Pick Providers
As follow are the providers we currently work with. Different providers support different bots. Choose your provider according to your needs. Create an account with them and pick your number.
UChat has put links for you to jump to their official websites. You can either access them in the according channel (see screenshot above) or on the "Integration" page (see screenshot below).
Follow the steps in the above screenshots to connect to the provider and add numbers.
# Sign Up & Get Numbers
Take Twilio as an example. On their website, sign up, login in, then you will get to your dashboard:
Click "Get a Trail Number".
In the pop-up window, the number is shown on the upper left side, click "Choose this Number" or "Search for a different number". Then you have your own number!
# Connect to Provider
In your provider dashboard, click the little button on the right side to copy your "ACCOUNT SID" and "AUTH TOKEN" value back to UChat:
- put your copied values in corresponding fields.
- click "Save".
- click "Add Phone Number" if you are building an SMS or Voice bot, otherwise, "Add WhatsApp Number".
- More information click -> Twilio Docs (opens new window)
- More information click -> 360Dialog Docs (opens new window)
- More information click -> SignalWire Docs (opens new window)
- More information click -> Message Media Docs (opens new window)
# Add Numbers
Click "Add Number" in area 3 in the above picture after connecting your provider with UChat.
Click "Find Number", the system will search all the numbers that are under your provider account. Click "Add" to add one of the numbers.
Thereafter, you are able to see all your connected numbers under the "Phone Numbers" page in "Integration".
Add new numbers from the drop-down list as below: ("Buy Number" is disabled at the moment)
If you would like to disconnect the WhatsApp / Voice / SMS flow with your number, or create a new flow for that number, copy the number and click "Release Number". Then your flow will be disconnected but stay safe in your "All Bots". Add the number again to create a new flow with it.
After adding phone numbers:
- use the plus button to create new a flow.
- button 2 is for "Open Flow" of this phone number.
# Talk to the Bot
- WhatsApp - add the phone number as a new contact and send messages to it
- Voice - call the phone number
- SMS - send SMS messages to the phone number
# WhatsApp + 360Dialog Sandbox
Go "Bots" -> "WhatsApp" then "360Dialog" on UChat and in your WhatsApp App, add "+4930609859535" as a new contact and sent "START" to it.
Copy the "api-key" back to UChat, click "Add WhatsApp Number":
Again put the number "+4930609859535" here and paste the API key. After adding this number you can click the "Create Bot" to start building a flow.
# To use 360Dialog sandbox, please note that:
- only the phone number which requests the API key can test the bot
- you can send "START" to get a new code, but make sure you update the key with your bot.
- 360Dialog doesn't allow sandbox users to access their media recourses. For example, if you use a question step to ask for a photo and store the URL in a text variable. You are unable to visit this URL to get the photo because you are using a sandbox.
# Google My Business
The whole process will be:
- connect Google account
- create agent, build flow & test
- verify agent
- launch chatbot
- go live
# Connect Google Account
Follow steps 1, 2 and 3 to connect to your Google account.
Please note that this Google account must have access to the business (either owner or manager). For agency, you will need to be invited to be the manager of your client's business.
After the connection, in the above screenshot:
- click "Sync Locations" to pull all the businesses that associate with this Google account, whether they are verified or not.
- create agent then create flow
- scan the QR code or visit the URL link to test the bot in Google Map
# Create Agent
Click "Create Agent", fill in the profile information including:
- phone number
- website address (same as your business website address)
- entry points (local, non-local, both local and non-local)
- welcome message
- offline message
If you get an error saying that fails to create an agent because the location is not verified, try to click cancel and refresh the page. The "Create Flow" button will show.
# Local or Non-Local
|Type||Agent Verification Process||Entry Points|
|Local||Automatically||Google search & Google map|
|Non-Local||Manual Process||Google search, Google map, site links, answer card, website buttons etc|
Chat button on Google search example:
Chat button on Google map example:
# Build Flow & Test the Bot
When your agent is created, click "Create Flow" to start building your bot. Check "Flow Builder" documentation for how-tos.
# Verify Agent
Build and test everything before you request an agent verification. Because once verified, it's very difficult to change the agent information. You will need to contact Google yourself.
Before you send the request, check this:
- Did I choose what suit my business best, local or non-local?
- Am I happy with all agent information like logo, contact phone, etc?
- Do I have a contact email that shares the same domain as my website?
Click the button next to the "Open Flow" button, then click "Verify Agent".
Provide a business website, contact person name and a contact email that share the same domain as the brand website.
For a local business, if your business is already a verified business, your agent can be verified automatically and immediately. You will see the green "Verified" label. Thereafter, you can launch your chatbot.
While for a non-local business, after submitting the request, you will receive 2 emails from Google. One email asks you to reply for approving UChat to help with the bot automation in a specified format (security key needed). Another email will give you the security key. It will take you a few days (up to 7 days) to get your agent verified.
# Launch Agent
When your agent gets verified, click "Launch Agent" and a chat button will show with your business after 4-6 hours. You will see the green "Launched" label.
# Unlaunch Agent
If you wanted to stop the bot automation, click the green "Active" button under status. And to stop showing the bot with your business, you need to unlaunch your agent.
Click "Unlaunch Agent" and again, you will need to wait for 4-6 hours to see the "Chat" button disappear. By then the labels will look like this:
To launch it again, just click on "Launch Agent" again.